Old 08-07-2005, 04:34 AM
Bourne Identity

If you used malathion, kelthane, and all the rest you mentioned and
you still have problems, you are doing something wrong, culturally.
You are either stressing the plants by improper watering, or your
fertilization is not accurate, or something. Are these plants in
containers or in the ground? By the way, using one of those cheap ten
dollar hose end Ortho sprayers is one of the most inaccurate
proportioners I ever had in my life. They are really dangerous.
Exactly how are you caring for your plants. Maybe we can work
backwards and solve this thing without killing everything else, and
exposing yourself to these horrible pesticides.

Victoria

On 7 Jul 2005 19:32:15 -0700, "
wrote:

I was about to claim victory. I spotted a tomato patch about 10 doors
from my yard that appeared to be mite free. So, I knocked on the door
to learn his secret. Nice guy. He uses malathion but in a much
stronger dosage than I have used it. Something like 1.5 ounces per
gallon. So, I looked on the label and it says I could use up to 3
ounces per gallon -- 6 tablespoons. His secret, he claims, was in
using a hose end sprayer -- one of those that you don't have to mix
with water. Rather you dial the dosage and the mix is automatic.
Anyway, I set mine for 6 tablespoons and sprayed away last Monday.
Today, my plants look worse than ever. I should give up -- but I'll
try again next year. It's like this every year for me with no end in
sight.

Here, in Oklahoma City, unlike central Texas, you can't get a fall
crop. And, it must be the red spider capitol of the universe.