Old 08-07-2005, 05:27 AM
emde

Default Liquid Amber roots

First let me start off by saying I am no green thumb, but I am
interested and hope to learn from the experts here!

I just purchased a house and have inherited a Liquid Amber in my front
yard that is about 8 years old. It appears to be very healthy. I have
noticed the roots on one side are coming up through the grass.
Consequently my grass is turning brown near the surface roots, about a
3' x 6' area. I assume this is due to the soil nutrients being used
up by the roots. My question is, what should I do about this problem?
Remove the dead grass, put some top soil on and re-seed? If I do this
won't the problem just happen again? Should I try removing the roots?

Any and all suggestions welcomed! Thanks.

-emde