Old 07-11-2002, 10:15 PM
Alan Holmes

Default Mice

"Druss" wrote in message
"Drakanthus" wrote in message
news
My mouse traps are catching mice nearly every day under the garden shed.

keep disposing of the corpses and re-baiting the traps with cheese. But

it
occurred to me today - why? Are mice really a problem (outside)? I've

heard
they can carry disease and eat certain garden veg such as beetroot - but

do
they actually do any other damage or harm outside? What diseases are

they
supposed to carry and how would they be transmitted to humans? Since

buying
the traps a few months ago I must have killed at least 50 mice. It's

getting
a bit tedious disposing of the corpses each day and I'm wondering if I'm
actually achieving anything anyway. Advice welcome.
--

(SPAM FILTER in use: Include the word VB anywhere in the SUBJECT LINE or
emails will never reach me.)

As far as I remember one pair of mice can easily produce over a thousand
subsequent offspring, in the form of children, grandchildren etc, in one
year. Thus with you killing 50, you're not really making much of an

impact.

On the contrary, the killing of 50 equates to a reduction of over 50,000!

Alan