Old 08-07-2005, 11:13 AM

BAC wrote:

Three neighbouring (front) garden lawns are full of violet coloured blossom
at the moment. One lawn is neglected and hardly ever mown, the other two are
close mown regularly. I would say the density of the plant is, if anything,
greater in the close mown lawns, although the individual plants, of course,
are bigger in the neglected lawn. I don't think this particular weed is a
violet, however, it looks more like campanula glomerata (clustered
bellflower). And those neighbours who use 'weed and feed' don't have any in
their lawns.

This sounds like mallow as opposed to any sort of violet.

It's the bane of our lives here in Suffolk nowadays.

--
Chris Green