Old 08-07-2005, 01:46 PM
Pam Moore

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 12:23:06 +0100, "datsy"
wrote:

Three neighbouring (front) garden lawns are full of violet coloured
blossom
at the moment. One lawn is neglected and hardly ever mown, the other two
are
close mown regularly. I would say the density of the plant is, if
anything,
greater in the close mown lawns, although the individual plants, of
course,
are bigger in the neglected lawn. I don't think this particular weed is a
violet, however, it looks more like campanula glomerata (clustered
bellflower). And those neighbours who use 'weed and feed' don't have any
in
their lawns.

While we're on the subject of violet/purple-coloured flowers in lawns, I've
got another one: it has just started flowering, slightly fleshy, rounded
leaves and a short "loo-brush-shaped" head. Any ideas?

This first comes to mind.
http://www.tiscali.co.uk/reference/e..._selfheal.html

Pam in Bristol