Old 08-07-2005, 06:59 PM
Tom or Mary

Default Getting rid of raspberry patch

I have a small raspberry patch that over the years has given me enough
raspberries to sprinkle on ice cream, pancakes, and so forth buy not enough
to gouge (sp) myself. It was covered in shade a good part of the day because
of two trees. Last summer I had the trees removed, and thought that my patch
would so a lot better since it receives sun all day now, but it is a lot
worse. I wonder if over the years through self selection if the raspberry
bushes that did better in the shade took over, and now that there is sun
they cannot hang in there.I am thinking about replacing it with grasses,
perennials or a combination. What is the best way to get rid of the patch.
Dig it up and turn it over. Dig it, then remove the raspberry patches or
just get a load of dirt and build a mound? Thanks

Tom