Old 08-07-2005, 03:17 PM
simy1

you are better off figuring out why they come in. This year I was smart
enough to put out a water dish one month before the raspberries were
ready. As a result, I have lost very few. In past years, I would come
home from work to find a dozen birds and four squirrels in the patch.
Chipmunks will not eat veggies if water and seeds are available. This
said, predator urine works for me and keeps the garden rodent-free. The
birds will pull a seedling, but I can see white moths hovering over the
brassicas all the time, and not one caterpillar, so they are welcome.