Old 08-07-2005, 06:03 PM
Mike

I planted a victoria plum last spring. This year is flowered
extensively and has set a small number of fruit.

However 2 boughs are dieing back. One is one of the leaders and is
well over 2 ft long and has a lot of young growth on it.

Can anyone give guidance / reassurance please.

Thanks

Rob

Sorry Rob, not reassurance :-((

Our neighbour had a Plum and that too was very healthy, then, bang, dead.

I think you will find it is something to do with the weather/water pattern.
We had a tree in our garden close to where the plum was and that had died
:-((

Son in Law came and took it out yesterday.

Look at the worse, hope for the best.

But I feel that the watering is the problem. We have 5 butts across the back
of the garage and have today sealed two off because they are not/have not
filled.

Mike

--
RAF Regiment Assoc. Scarborough 2 - 5 Sept. Visit to Eden Camp
H.M.S.Collingwood Assn Trafalgar Dinner. Coventry October 21 - 24