Old 08-07-2005, 07:20 PM

Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
In message , writes
This sounds like mallow as opposed to any sort of violet.

It's the bane of our lives here in Suffolk nowadays.

Malva sylvestris or some other species? Round this neck of the woods
Malva sylvestris is rose-flowered, not violet-flowered.

Well the stuff we call mallow is most certainly violet, quite a pale
violet admittedly.

BTW, Malva sylvestris is said to be Glyphosate-resistant.

That doesn't surprise me, it's certainly very difficult to get rid of.
It manages to survive on the lawn lying flat and at the other extreme
will grow into quite a sizeable bush. It seems to me that it's much
commoner nowadays than it used to be.

--
Chris Green