Old 08-07-2005, 09:01 PM
NikV

"Robert" wrote in message
In message , Dwayne
writes

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 20:30:51 +0000 (UTC), "Dwayne"
wrote:

totally new and not very keen to the world of gardening but I do like

see
a nice garden. Anyway my wife to be was given a Spanish bayonet which
had

baby growing. we seperated the baby and both have grown really well
(even
though I put the parent plant in leaning it has straightened up). Now
we
have moved house and we have planted the parent in the front garden and

the
youngster is temp planted out in the amazon jungle the previous
occupiers
left for us (dont even want to think about that for the moment

shudder).
What I would like is some suggestions on plants that will complement
the
bayonet as we want it to be the center piece of the garden. as I said i

am
totally new to gardening so any ideas are most welcome.

Do you have a botanical name for Spanish bayonet, so we can advise you
more?

http://www.floridata.com/ref/Y/yucc_alo.cfm
ours has never flowered yet not sure if it even will flower in our
climate,
maybe someone could tell me that too?
Anyway ours is just a single "bush"? since I parted it from the younger
plant not even sure how often they sprout baby plants.

They can produce quite spectacular white panicles in S Devon.
--

and here in Bedfordshire

Nik