Old 08-07-2005, 11:23 PM
Elaine T

Shagster wrote:
After reading your description, I think your Nitrogen deficiency more
accurately describes my situation..

I'll double check all of those readings again.... But if I recall, each of
them are low.. Maybe I need to UP my dosing of TMG???

I read somewhere that a 10,000 bulb doesn't really do anything for plants...
If that's accurate, then I really only have a 48 watt bulb at 6,700k... So
that's only 1.4 watts per gallon.. Think that may be part of the problem??

Thanks Elaine.

Troy

I don't think light is your problem. Lack of light usually causes
aquarium plants to collapse into a brown mush. ;-) Besides, my tank is
running at 10,000K - LFS told me they were putting in 5500K and put in
10,000K instead. I recently found this out when I had a look at the
bulb, planning to change it. My stem plants are growing well enough to
require pruning twice a month.

I looked up TMG, and it's only an iron/trace element fertilizer. You
should be dosing the TMG to get your iron up to at least 0.2 ppm.
You'll need to add nitrate separately, preferably as KN03. I suspect
more nitrate will fix your problems, as long as your phosphate is 0.25
ppm or higher. If not, you'll need a bit of K2PO4 as well.

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__