Old 09-07-2005, 02:48 AM
Jim Thomas

Marcella Peek wrote:
In article ,
" wrote:

...when I can't even figure out a decent way to cook it? :-)

The plants are pretty, though. And big.

Seriously, though. Other than breading and frying (I'm on Weight
Watchers), any tasty tips would be appreciated.

i love them stuffed.
Saute with some garlic and herbs
Grated and cooked with corn and diced onion and used as enchilada filling

marcella

Try this: Take some zucchini and cut them lengthwise into 1/4 in
planks. Place them on a sheet of aluminum foil. Slice some onions and
(ripe) tomatoes, and put them on top. Cut some corn off the ears (or
use frozen cut corn) and sprinkle liberally on top. Dot some butter,
margerine, or combination on top. Add salt & pepper to taste. Fold over
the foil. Put a few holes in the top with a fork to release steam. Put
the package on a medium-hot grill for 20 minutes or so (while the rest
of your barbecue is cooking). Enjoy without guilt (lots of vegies,
little fat). One 6-in zucchini makes good planks for one package.

Jim Thomas