Old 08-07-2005, 10:47 PM
Roy

Ich, is one of the few instances I ever used salt, and what I found it
wa a long term treatment and it wa best if the water wa 80-85 degrees,
preferably at the 85 deg mark......higher temp will accelerate any ich
eggs to hatch off quicker so they can be killed quicker......I have
always associated ich more or less with water that becomes chilled and
having a stressed out fish in that water. I know tropicals can get it
when they get a chill (stressed in that case as well) but would not
think a GF would get a chill this time of year in most areas....Still
best top put in QT if possible for best results w/heat is needed.

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 14:20:56 -0700, ~ janj JJsPond.us
wrote:

===Should they still be quite perky with Ich ?
===
===Yes, they can still be perky.
===
===They're still feeding and interested in everything, and will come to you.
===Maybe Carp Pox ?
===
===I've never seen a goldfish with Carp Pox and they (CP & Ich) are so
===different from each other that you wouldn't confuse the two. Carp Pox looks
===like a wart, whereas ich looks like the fish has been seasoned with a
===sprinkling of salt.
===
===I was surprised to see whatever it is ,as water quality is good, filtered,
===and UV sterilized
===Peter
===
===What has your weather been like over the last week? ~ jan
===
=== ~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

"The original frugal ponder"