Old 08-07-2005, 11:24 PM
Roy

I sure do not have any leaks, and once the pump is running the basket
is relatively full but does drop a slight amount. I can shut it off
and it will hold its prime, and maintain the level that it was
pulling at before it was shut off. The amount mine all drop is still
well above the inlet port to the pump however. My pumps range from
12 to 18 inches above water level. The 750 and 1000 series pumps are
not self priming so its possible some water in the basket will drop
until it gets to pulling. The haywood pump I have is self priming and
its primer pot does not go down one little bit though.

One thing on the primer pots used by sewquence is its important not to
let the lid turn during the securing of the lid to pot or it can
distort the O-ring. Yet another reason for lube so it does not twist
it and distort it.

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 17:42:49 -0400, "RichToyBox"
wrote:

===If the leaf basket is completely full after a few minutes, but leaks down
===over time something is leaking. If it immediately gets that air in it, then
===the prime is not complete, and air is in a high spot in the line that can be
===sucked to the leaf basket on starting the pump. If the lid of the leaf trap
===is not thoroughly sealed, it will leak air. They make a grease for the
===rubber ring, it is somewhat expensive but works. If there are any leaks in
===pipe joints that are exposed to air, they will also leak air in. Ideally,
===their should be no air in the leaf trap.

"The original frugal ponder"