Old 09-07-2005, 04:26 AM
Suzy O

"KD" wrote in message

"Rev "Fragile Warrior"" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
I'm on zone 5. Something's wiping out my zucchini leaves, and FAST. Much
of the nibbling is from the middle of the leaves to the outside, so it
doesn't seem like the work of a mammal. And, there are no deer tracks.
Haven't seen the deer since early May. So....back to the bugs: In 20
years of gardening, I've never seen zucchini leaves eaten. Stem borers,
yes. But not this.

I've been out inspecting for bugs at about 12 different times in the
past
24 hours - haven't seen a thing. WTF???

I don't know but I wonder if it's the same thing making lace out of my
Hollyhock leaves? I can't see a bug, either.

My Hollyhock leaves are suffering the same fate, from the same invisible
insect.

KD
Zone 5a

Very unlikely that it's the same invisible -- aka unseen -- insect is at
work on both zucchini and hollyhocks. Not sure what it is on the zucchini,
but I'd be willing to bet the hollyhock varmits were hollyhock weevils that
were gone by the time you noticed the damage. Check this web page out for
hollyhock weevils, just a bit past the middle of the page:
http://web.extension.uiuc.edu/edward...ct%20Pests.pdf

Good luck!

Suzy O in Wisconsin, Zone 5