Old 09-07-2005, 05:50 AM
Dane Metcalfe

wrote in message
ups.com...
I got a citation from the city yard police
(for lack of something more benign to call them)
for "excessive vegetation." Whatever its actual
merits, the blank for "Date of infraction" was
filled in with a date of almost a year ago!
But in the signature portion, the inspector did
sign with a more plausible recent date. I couldn't
believe my eyes. I have requested a hearing before
the adjudication board. Would it be prudent to
have a substantive defense or are these things
dismissed if they're technically flawed?

Also in the things-that-don't-add-up department,
in the envelope in which the citation arrived,
somebody had mistakenly included a multi-page
document pertaining to a complicated housing
violation by somebody else in a different part
of the city!

--
(Charles Packer)
ungoogled: mailboxATSIGNcpacker.org

Do what a local yokel did. He planted his yard full of something and
declared his yard a protected something or other, and the city attorney
threw his (pansey-like) hands in the air in defeat!