Old 09-07-2005, 10:26 AM
FROGSPAWN FROGSPAWN is offline
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompostJones
I have a rotating compost bin that I feed vegetable scraps to every week.
Problem some items: apple cores, egg shells, banana peels (IMO) need
further chopping. It's pain to dump the items onto a chopping board
and cut up with a knife then transfer to the bin.

So, does anyone know of or has built a hand-crank shredder?
An idea I have is one based on the current paper shredders.
It woould have larger circular cutting wheels
with a larger spacing between the wheels for the kitchen scraps.

Anyone?
Try using a "fruit shredder", this is a wine making device.