Old 09-07-2005, 05:46 PM
Hal

On 8 Jul 2005 15:28:57 -0700, wrote:

Houston, Texas area, grass turns yellow in this very dry and hot
summer. I watered it 30 minutes every day and applied fertilizer in the
beginning of summer. It doesn't work. Some parts of lawn are still
getting yellow. Most of yellow parts are close to the concrete pave but
no one was walking on the lawn. Any remedies? Any suggestion is
welcome!

What kind of grass is in your lawn?
Do you have clay in your lawn dirt?
If you have clay the water can simply run off those spots and not
benefit the grass. Watering clay should be done lighter and longer
so it can soak into the ground.

How much water in inches are you putting on the lawn? Get rain
gauges and put them around the lawn and measure the amount of water
being deposited. Thirty minutes watering time is a fact that doesn't
mean much alone, since I have no idea if you are hand watering with a
water hose or flooding with a dozen high volume sprinkler heads.
Thirty minutes with a water hose on a football field size lawn isn't
much. I water part of my front yard (30' x 40') with three sprinkler
heads for 20 minutes twice a day for three days a week, and it is a
small front yard.

Regards,

Hal Zone 8