Old 09-07-2005, 07:23 PM
rastapasta

"Fritz Oppliger" wrote in message
news:1120929542.03733604c095587a85e7724275cc955e@t eranews...
I like the cheap black soaker hoses, but have this problem:
They clog up. What worked fine early in the season goes down below a
trickle to where hardly any water comes out.
My suspicion is algae growth.
The question is,
how can I clear clogged soaker hose ?
without waging chemical warfare on the veggies I will want to eat?
I also like to place mulch on top of the soaker hoses and anyway later in
the season pulling the soaker hose is not really an option - too
disruptive.
Any bright ideas?
Thanks

--
Fritz Oppliger

This is a question I've wondered for some time now. I just get up off my ass
& water the lawn since I'm lacking a sprinkler system, which would be a cure
for the clogged soaker hose, I'd imagine. Maybe the remedy would be to poke
your own (larger) holes in the hose yourself.