Old 08-11-2002, 08:18 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Selling Plants for charity

In article ,
Martin & Anna Sykes wrote:
My wife's nursery group is having a fund-raising fete. I was thinking of
donating some of the plants I've raised from cuttings. I have a few
questions:

1. Has anyone sold plants like this before. What sells best and what sort of
prices are reasonable?

It depends on the sort of people that go to it!

2. If the plants are from cuttings of plants I've bought from nurseries then
can I legally sell them? I know some plants are patented (?). It's probably
to stop commercial operations but is it applicable on this scale?

Plant patents aren't legal in the UK - I think that you mean Plant
Breeders' Rights. You can't legally sell those ones.

3. Are the rules different if I'm selling them for personal profit at a boot
sale?

No.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679