Old 09-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Stewart Robert Hinsley contains these words:
In message , Jaques
d'Alltrades writes

No, it would be pure white - snow white. But with cut leaves like the
musk mallow - Malva moschata variant heterophylla. I'll sniff one next
time I see one and see if it is M. moschata.

Another alternative would be Malva alcea 'Alba'. There's also the hybrid
Malva x intermedia (alcea x moschata), and allegedly a hybrid Malva x
inodora (moschata x sylvestris).

At least some plants of Malva sylvestris are scented.

I don't know whether it's indigenous, feral or a cultivated plant. It's
not anything I've ever seen in a seed catalogue or a nursery.

Found one on a bank beside the road. Assuming the bank isn't cut again
till autumn, do you want some seeds?

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/