Old 09-07-2005, 04:50 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message

Search for previous threads on black nightshade (Solanum nigrum) to
get seriously confused between what is a food plant and what is a
poisonous weed.

Or which parts of an allegedly poisonous plant are edible - and then -
is it manioc root? Poisonous, but the starch is extracted and used for
tapioca.

And the wild arum lily - I once tried a very small piece of a very small
leaf - and regretted it mightily - it felt as if my throat was closing
up, along with a burning sensation. But the starch is extracted from the
roots to make Portland sago.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/