Old 09-07-2005, 05:44 PM
Emrys Davies

"KellyD" wrote in message

I am always confused when told to deadhead various flowers, never
certain exactly what part/s are supposed to be taken off etc.

My current question is regarding both upright and trailing geraniums
and verbena. When the parts ( you see I'm so technical ) of the
verbena that were flowering sort of 'dry up' should I take them off?

haven't been and some of them are starting to look a bit yellowish.

With the geraniums, do you just pull off the flowers or do you 'snip'
directly behind where all the flowers were?

Sorry if this seems a tad simplistic, but I'm a newbie to gardening.
Possibly a tad simplistic, too. lol

--
KellyD

Another site which you might find helpful.

http://tinyurl.com/csmb3

Regards,
Emrys Davies