Old 09-07-2005, 10:22 PM
Maryc Maryc is offline
Registered User

Location: Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by
....when I can't even figure out a decent way to cook it? :-)

The plants are pretty, though. And big.

Seriously, though. Other than breading and frying (I'm on Weight
Watchers), any tasty tips would be appreciated.

I cut them Lengthwise and freeze them to make Zucchini Lasagna later. I just use the zucchini noodles instead of the Lasagna noodles. I boil the zucchini before putting into the casserole so that they are nice and tender.

Grilling them is great too, and on kabobs they are great. We also like them saute'ed in a Chineese stir fry too. I have grated them and froze them to make zucchini bread before too.

You can also make homemade pizza with the ingredients you are allowed to eat and slice a few slices of zucchini on them.

A long time ago I had a recipe where you could make fake pineapple out of zucchini, and it really tasted like pineapple. I'm not shure I could find that recipe now though.