Old 09-07-2005, 10:50 PM
Joe Doe

In article ,
B.Server wrote:

Anyone found any fall tomato plants around Travis Co. yet?

Any tips or insights as to when some nursery might have them?

Thanks,

I do not think most garden centers stock them - when I asked Gardens if
they would stock fall tomatoes they said they would not because it is
pretty hard to convince people to go out into the garden and nurture the
young plants in July/August.

You could try to root tomatoes you might already have. I plan on cutting
mine back and letting them regrow.

You could root a few of what I have if you want. I have, Sweet million,
Persimmon, Lemon boy,Black cherry, Black Krim, Sweet one hundred, Yellow
pear, Green zebra, Costoluto Genovese, Jaune Flamee, Donna, Cherokee
Purple. You could get a stem of any of these and root them.

If you want cuttings contact me at rsaldanh and the domain indicated in
the headers.

Roland