Old 09-07-2005, 10:48 PM
Treedweller

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 19:36:56 +0000, TRBomb05
wrote:

Hi everyone,
I reciently got a new toy.
It has a 2-stroke engine similar to one found in a brush cutter and at
the moment i run it on a 25:1 mix of unleaded and 2-stroke oil.
I have been wondering what would happen if i ran it on the same 25:1
mix but used super unleaded rather than normal unleaded.
Would it make it run faster as basic logic would suggest or would it
blow the thing up like Mr. Paranoia keeps telling me?

Hope you don't mind be posting this here it is sort of gardening
related because i use it to...........errr.......chew up the garden, i
figured that there has to be at least one gardener out there who has
tried this on a mower/strimmer etc.

Hope to get some info soon
Cheers
Tim

I don't think you'd notice a difference in the performance, but at
least one chainsaw repair guy I've talked to says you should use
premium to get more life out of the motor. I do it all the time with
no blowing up.