Old 10-07-2005, 12:51 AM

Thank you all for your suggestions. But confusing. Is it overwatered
or overall lack of water?? Does it need iron? I just bought Ironite
and plan to apply Ironite tomorrow. I posted some photos
hehttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/...d/f355fb42.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...3/f355fb52.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...2/f355fb4b.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...7/f355fb47.jpg

Any more advices?

Thanks in advance!

HH

Bourne Identity wrote:
By midwest you are saying you are up north? It's a whole other
ballgame down here in Texas and Houston is clearly part of the humid
south, nowhere near the dry line of the "mid west." Most likely we
are talking about St. Augustine or bermuda which indeed does turn
yellow from overwatering. If the turf wasn't watered so much, it
could be chinch bugs, but it's too early in the season for that.

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 23:11:08 -0500, sherwindu
wrote:

Here in the Midwest, I cannot ever remember heavy watering or rainfall causing the
grass to turn yellow. This is probably a result of the grass going dormant for overall
lack of water. It would be better for HH to water less often, but in larger amounts.
Time of day is also a factor. He should water when the sun is low (early morning or
late afternoon). I have found soaker hoses more effective than sprinkling in my area,
which is in the midst of a drought. I can't do the entire lawn this way, but I concentrate on the
yellow areas. I am barely keeping up with the hot sun and lack of
rainfall, hoping for a change in the weather.

Sherwin D.

Bourne Identity wrote:

On 8 Jul 2005 15:28:57 -0700, wrote:

Houston, Texas area, grass turns yellow in this very dry and hot
summer. I watered it 30 minutes every day and applied fertilizer in the
beginning of summer. It doesn't work. Some parts of lawn are still
getting yellow. Most of yellow parts are close to the concrete pave but
no one was walking on the lawn. Any remedies? Any suggestion is
welcome!

Thanks in advance!

HH

You are definitely over watering, and this will cause it to get
yellow.