Old 10-07-2005, 12:00 AM
Ray

Personally, I'd put it into semi-hydro culture. That general class of
plants just thrives in it.

"Donna deMedicis" wrote in message
.net...
Hey all --

While on vacation in Charleston, SC, this week, I found this plant, on top
of a trash can:

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/...0157186.html?7

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/...930148.html?11

Consensus of opinion is that it is, um, an orchid.

I know not orchids, but I couldn't resist a found plant.

It was not in a pot, but it's roots seem to be really healthy. In fact,
the entire plant is healthier than many of my houseplants at home!

My problem --

I can't get a definitive ID on the plant. From my research this week,
growing medium and the like depends on the kind or orchid.

Currently, said discarded orchid is residing in my hotel bathroom, with
its roots wrapped in a hotel towel. Trip home is short ('bouts 3 hours).

My plan --

When I get home tomorrow, I'm gonna go to Lowe's and buy the bagged Orchid
Soil Mix. Pot it in a planter a bit bigger than it's base. Put it on a
pebble tray in my southeast window. Watch and see what it does.

Any suggestions about what kinda plant it is?

What's wrong with my plan?

Donna