Old 10-07-2005, 12:04 AM
Cyril The Squirrel

In article ,
says...
snip

You lost me there Squirrel

I think I lost myself at one stage, that's why I added a bit of a
disclaimer at the end, a lack of sleep.

What I am saying is if a test calls for say:
5 ml of water
10 drops of test solution

then 2 1/2ml of water and 5 drops would produce the same results.....

I understood that, I just didn't know how accurate each drop was. I
wasn't sure if the drops could vary, it would appear not.

Your not usuing "bigger" drops or more of one solution or water, or
changing anything other than the amounts stated but still at the same
ratio as directions......

There has been some statements in other forums that suggested the over
test may be jeopardized as larger samples are more accurate, and just
as many that say it matters not........Afterall look at the overall
quanity being tested and look at the amount of water in a
pond.......so halving the chemicals would really not compromise the
results to any degree, as long as the ratios are maintained....

If you use too much of any one chemical on any test , then that test
certainly would be invalid......no ratios are changed just the
portions sizes are reduced.

Again, I understood that. I have at times re-done tests when I've had
pockets of air in the drops, it might not have made any difference to
the test as the weight of the drop would have probably been the same as
a drop without a bubble in it.

"The original frugal ponder"