Old 10-07-2005, 02:23 AM
Wilmdale

RichToyBox wrote:

Using the electrical tape that Roy mentions will help to identify the
location. Once you have the right joint identified, then they make a
plumbing repair tape that looks like heavy electrical tape. I have used it
and it works. You might remake the joint with the teflon tape, and see if
that is the location, since that is easy.

I will give that a try! As I was preparing to take the hack to it all,
I heard this noise, got down close to the joint, and sure enough, it was
sucking air! No water drips because of the suction, but plenty of air.
So, I put on some silicon. No more sucking air leak noise! Good stuff
that silicon. So, I will do some taping, and when I find more leaks
cause I am sure there are, I will apply the silicon. Stopping up that
one leak has kept the water level in the priming pot higher and my
skimmer has kicked in and started working. I think the tape and silicon
will be a much easier fix than cutting up the whole thing and starting over.
Moral of the story; glue it right (with sufficient glue and primer) the
FIRST time. :-D
Thanks for your help, Roy and RTB.
W. Dale