Old 10-07-2005, 03:18 AM
cat daddy

"TRBomb05" wrote in message

Hi everyone,
I reciently got a new toy.
It has a 2-stroke engine similar to one found in a brush cutter and at
the moment i run it on a 25:1 mix of unleaded and 2-stroke oil.
I have been wondering what would happen if i ran it on the same 25:1
mix but used super unleaded rather than normal unleaded.
Would it make it run faster as basic logic would suggest or would it
blow the thing up like Mr. Paranoia keeps telling me?

That "basic logic" is incorrect.

The Low-Down on High Octane Gasoline
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/autos/octane.htm
"In fact, in most cases, using a higher octane gasoline than your owner's
manual recommends offers absolutely no benefit. It won't make your car
perform better, go faster, get better mileage or run cleaner."

What does octane mean?
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question90.htm
"The compression ratio of your engine determines the octane rating of the
gas you must use in the car."