Old 10-07-2005, 06:04 AM
Steve

BenGman wrote:

I just accidentily used Round-Up on all my pittosporum instead of aphid
killer. Is there ANYTHING i can do to help them to correct my mistake.
I sprayed them on the tops of the plants, not the roots. Any vitamins,
serious fertilizer, transplanting, ANYTHING!!!!!!

Your only hope would have been to spray with lots of water right away to
wash it off. Round-up on the soil would do little if any harm. It works
by being absorbed by the leaves. If you had realized you mistake right
when you were spraying and ran for a garden hose to wash it off, maybe...
Even then enough might have been absorbed to make them sick for the rest
of the summer. They might have died anyway too. I don't know how
sensitive pittosporum is to round-up. A few plants are not all that
sensitive but they are the exception to the rule.

Steve