Old 10-07-2005, 04:04 AM
Roy

Nym shift yet again......you sure do not have any room to make
accusations girlie.....,maybe you need to practice what you whine
about.......I know with a ppersonality like yours you definately do
not live in a glass house, as it would be pretty prohhibitive with all
that glass replacement you would have to do on a hourly basis.

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 21:57:43 -0500, "Cracklin'"
wrote:

===
==="Mike Patterson" wrote in message
===news:gl21d1p4ldg894i75t25870r0k90a35aj7@4ax. com...
=== Couple weeks ago a friend of my daughter asked if I'd take the red-ear
=== slider they got from someone else. I have a 15x25 pond averaging
=== around 20" deep, around 1,350 US gallons..
===
=== They were keeping this 7" turtle in a 10-gallon glass aquarium, I felt
=== sorry for it and said "yes".
===
=== The little booger seems happy enough, sunning on the rocks and
=== swimming around all over the place, but the first thing he did was
=== snip off all the leaves of a new lily I'd put in the day before. Today
=== I took the lily out and put it in the quarantine barrel pond.
===
=== Looks like he's taking bites out of several of the pickerel rush
=== leaves too, but I can tolerate that. Oddly, he's left the other lily
=== alone.
===
=== I have 7 large goldfish, 2 smallish koi, and about 20 small goldfish
=== that were born this spring. If the turtle is carnivorous I wish he'd
=== take some of the little goldfish. Maybe if I drop some tartar sauce in
=== the pond?
===We have a young red eared slider that found it's way into our pond this
===spring. He eats the pellets we toss in for the fish. I haven't seen any
===plant damage yet. Although they'll eat a worm if you offer them one, they
===don't bother the fish from what we can see. It even ignores the tiny fish.

"The original frugal ponder"