Old 10-07-2005, 08:38 AM
Ted

Default Lemon Tree........success maybe.

to continue the discussion on fruitless trees.

My tree which I think is about 4 or 5 years old had lemons on it when I was
given it as a present (September time). Since then ziltch. With very little
knowledge on these I watered it every other day and give it citrus feed
every 2 weeks. This went on for a year or so and still no flowers/fruit. The
plant looked in a poor way.

About 2 months ago I decided to stop watering and feeding it plus we
recently moved it to the warmest place outside the front of the house. Now
not only do we have 7 flowers growing rapidly but new leaf shoots are
popping up from base of the stem to the top branches.

As said before I believe you must treat these plants as they would in their
home environment, very lean on water and the warmest of places.

Fingers crossed for Xmas lemons.