Old 10-07-2005, 02:47 PM

Default What is the best Pine Bark Beetle treatment?

Recently we bought some land and are building a home. We have several
large pine trees that are a big part of the landscape. I noticed some
holes in the side of the trees and had a local nurseryman look at
them. He said we have pine bark beetles in the trees and suggested a
treatment using the Wedgle Direct-Inject system as shown on
www.arborsystems.com. I think the insecticide that woud be injected
is called Pointer. Does anyone have experience with this system? I
would appreciate any comments and further suggestions about how to
deal with this problem. Thanks, Jack