Old 10-07-2005, 09:21 AM
George

"kathy" wrote in message
ups.com...

Anyone in the path of Hurricane Dennis?
Crossing fingers for you. This just doesn't
seem very fair!

Was it Rich that posted a hurricane primer?
(or any big storm precaution)

I read on another board about lowering your
pond a couple of inches. Stopping feeding
before the store, having ammonia binder on
hand and baking soda for ph crashes (but what
to do with the baking soda I'm not sure... jj?)
And generators, which I'm sure all Florida and
Gulf coast people are well versed in.
Oh and netting the pond for falling leaves and, gulp, branches
and, double gulp, trees.
Makes living with volcanoes kind of peaceful.

kathy :-)
www.blogfromthebog.com
this week ~ bladderwort

Pond 101 page for new pond keepers ~

Those along the gulf coast who have to endure this storm have my sympathy.
Having said that, we are having a moderate drought here in the Mid-Ohio
Valley (it hasn't rained here in a significant way since mid-May). We
expect rains from this storm to arrive Mon-Tues and extend through most of
the coming week. For us, the rain will be a very welcome relief, and
hopefully will help break the cycle we are currently experiencing.