Old 09-11-2002, 04:16 PM
Norman Tulloch

Default Lawn rejuvenation.

On Sat, 09 Nov 2002 11:45:07 +0000, Peter Lewis
wrote:

Norman Tulloch put thought into words and said:

You'd be wasting your time and money if you put fertiliser on your
lawn now. It would just get washed away by the winter rains. Note
what Emrys actually wrote:

So what would the autumn fertilizer do? I seem to have conflicting advice as
to whether it would be worth it or not...

I think it's just too late for the autumn fertiliser now. I would
apply that in September or early to mid October; I feel that now we're
on the edge of winter, or perhaps we're already there. Though the
autumn fertiliser is high in potash rather than nitrogen, it would
still encourage your grass to grow more quickly, and if your weather
conditions are anything like those we experience here, you will
probably find your lawn will be too wet to cut easily.

I think the best thing you can do now is to give your lawn and
yourself a rest, though you may still have to keep it clear of fallen
leaves if, as I am, you're close to trees.

Norman Tulloch