Old 10-07-2005, 03:56 PM
Scudo

"Apparently not, because this makes no sense either."

In 4 stroke engines the heat generated causes a breakdown of the chemical
composition and makes the oil more chemically acidic when compared to fresh
oil, this oil if left for a period of time can have a corrosive effect on
the metal parts of an engine. This is the main reason why any vehicle that
has seasonal usage only should have an oil change before it is stored and
not left in the vehicle over a long period with the old oil and then changed
at the start of the season.

With that in mind and the fact I only use the (2 stroke) lawn mower for 4
months of the year, I was reckoning that to a lesser degree the above may
apply.

I have no wish to continue with this thread so any replies will be
unanswered.

regards
Scudo

wrote in message
oups.com...
"Thanks steveo,
just though it may have turned slightly acidic with heat from the
engine
and age.

I do realise what you are saying though. "

Apparently not, because this makes no sense either.