Old 10-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Sue

On 10 Jul 2005 07:50:58 -0700, wrote:

GK wrote:
I'm in the Chicagoland area, and I don't even have buds yet. I planted
shortly after March 15.

We've had almost zero rain. I've watered every day for roughly 1/2 hour
with a "seeping" hose.

GK

No buds yet? What varities? It sounds like you are watering way to
much. I water once a week and make sure the plants get at least 1 inch
of water/week. I also mulched heavily. They are well established, so
I skipped this weekend watering, they should be fine. And you aren't
fertilizing, correct? Low feeders so too much and you get all green,
no tomatoes.

I have very vigorous plants and not many tomatoes. One of my plants
is really small but has lots of tomatoes. Could you rewrite that last
sentence so I can understand it? I assume you're suggesting
fertilizer of some sort.
Sue