Old 10-07-2005, 07:06 PM

Sue wrote:
On 10 Jul 2005 07:50:58 -0700, wrote:

Low feeders so too much and you get all green,
no tomatoes.

I have very vigorous plants and not many tomatoes. One of my plants
is really small but has lots of tomatoes. Could you rewrite that last
sentence so I can understand it? I assume you're suggesting
fertilizer of some sort.
Sue

Sorry - I meant tomato plants really don't need much fertilizer. Some
people equate big plants = heavy fertilization(wd?). Too much
nitrogen and you get massive plants and few tomatoes. So far I just
fertilized at planting time (late May). Compost should feed the
plants the remainder of the year.