Old 10-07-2005, 07:01 PM
Reel Mckoi

"Ron in Radio Heaven" wrote in message
m...

with one plant a month ago, my pond is almost half covered with water
lettuce, so I have to start tossing it out.

It's funny how this stuff grows, a couple of months ago
I was worrying the garden folks at the home centers about
WHEN were they going to get some pond plants is.
When they finally arrived I bought 5 each hyacinth and
water lettuce at $2.75 each, yesterday I tossed out about
a $100 worth of plants cause I can't see my fish. I have to
use the pool net to push some back just so I can feed them.
Today I'm going to make a 3 foot dia. feeding ring that
maybe will keep the plants out.
We're thinking about building a green house with a tub to
keep plants over the winter. I think if I had room this would
make a great small business with as many folks want plants
in the spring...

I sell some of mine to a local Pond Place and an Aquarium Store that sells
pond supplies and fish. It's a self supporting hobby most years.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b