Old 10-07-2005, 06:55 PM
David W.E. Roberts

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , David W.E. Roberts
writes

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
. uk...
The message
from Kay contains these words:

You're not another Brentwood School person are you?

'Fraid so - but didn't stay long. I got lead poisoning there (long
story): it was undiagnosed even though I spent nearly half my time

there
in the sanatorium, and soon was sent to a boarding school in Frinton

for
my health.

There I regained physical health but have never been quite the same in
the memory department. I've had 'senior moments' since I was ten...

Errrmmm.. are we talking Brentwood (Sir Anthony Brown's) School here?

If so it is a remarkably small world.

3 urglers and 1 urgler's husband, then.
When were you there?

Hmmm...must have been 1957 when I started at the Prep.
1962-1968 at the main school.
Weald house (day boy)

I hear they even allow wimmin in now :-)

Took years for me to recover from the dreadful food.
I can even eat curry now, despite the aversion therapy due to the stuff they
served under that name.

Given the choice I would have gone to Shenfield Tech., despite the fact that
a 'good education' from the 'right kind of school' should guarantee you a
job for life.

Still, my parents were so proud.

Did me no good in my job search though; I ended up as a Computer Programmer
which does not require a Public School education :-)

Some of my documentation is quite elegantly worded, though.

Cheers

Dave R