Old 10-07-2005, 08:19 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "David W.E. Roberts" contains these words:

3 urglers and 1 urgler's husband, then.
When were you there?

Hmmm...must have been 1957 when I started at the Prep.
1962-1968 at the main school.
Weald house (day boy)

Hmmm. Youngster! I joined the Prep (School House) in 1949 and left at
Christmas 1950, moving to the school started in Frinton by the recent HM
of the Prep, Robertson.

This may have saved my life (long story), but educationally, was not a
good move.

I hear they even allow wimmin in now :-)

Took years for me to recover from the dreadful food.
I can even eat curry now, despite the aversion therapy due to the stuff they
served under that name.

I don't remember that the food was exceptionally bad (in the prep,
anyway) but there was never enough of it.

Given the choice I would have gone to Shenfield Tech., despite the fact that
a 'good education' from the 'right kind of school' should guarantee you a
job for life.

Still, my parents were so proud.

Yes. I know *EXACTLY* what you mean.

Did me no good in my job search though; I ended up as a Computer Programmer
which does not require a Public School education :-)

Some of my documentation is quite elegantly worded, though.

I can do that - after Frinton I went to an Essex C.C. Grandma school. I
too might have benefited from a technical school education, and it was
only when I became heavily into motorcycles after I'd left school that
they even admitted I might be able to distinguish one end of a spanner
from another.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/