Old 11-07-2005, 02:27 AM
ned

Adrian Clark wrote:
In article , "ned"
wrote:

This reminds me very much of the Nettle-tap moth caterpillar which
feeds on new nettle growth.
It is not the same but very similar - both the web cocoon, the
deformed growth tip and the shape and size of the caterpillar.
Try googling for something along the lines of 'mint moth' and see
what that brings up.

Aha... I think you've cracked it, ned. It didn't occur to me to
concentrate on moths, but that Nettle Tap caterpillar is very
similar. A Google search on "mint moth" brought up a picture of the
adult moth, which instantly reminded me of something. A quick browse
through some macro shots I'd taken of plants and insects last

summer,
and sure enough... a close-up of the (then unidentified) culprit
sitting on the jasmine bush.

Many thanks!

:-))
Doncha just love it when that happens.