Old 11-07-2005, 08:29 AM
Chris_Moran Chris_Moran is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magellan
1 Will your system work with plants that need bigger pots?
2 Have you plans to make deeper pots?
3 If not could I successfully modify your 14 cm pots to make them 30 cm tall?
I like the concept of Osmogro, I just wonder if there are limitations to the size of plants it can handle.
Hi Mike,
Osmogro will work with bigger pot sizes. I am a limited at the moment due to the costs of getting bigger sizes produced - mould costs - but plan to introduce larger sizes. 13cm and 14cm pot sizes are available because the majority of core line houseplants come in or fit this size e.g. chrysanthemum, begonia, poinsettia, african violets, gebera, kitchen herbs, orchids etc, etc. Also good for growing from seeds and propagating cuttings. Good size to get started with as well.

You can make larger sizes by flattening appropriate size pots which have drainage holes only in the base - cut off the "feet" with a sharp blade and make smooth with sand paper or equivalent.

The osmogro gel discs can be custom made to fit underneath any size pot but current swollen gel disc diameter is ~12cm.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Chris