Old 11-07-2005, 03:55 AM
Jim Carlock

"SVTKate" posted:
My step brother bought a Sony awhile back. It did some
hella cool stuff, even still shots and printed out little
thumbnails.

Thanks Kate. Yeah, Sony seems like a common all around
good model. I just don't have a clue about which video
camera does what. I'm seeing that they've got some DVD
digital camcorders. All their camcorders seem to have the
Carl Zeiss lenses on them. Some have Dolby 5.1 Surround
Sound and larger screens. I think I need to find a camera
group and see what I can dig up there.

I misposted the old 35mm... it's a Contax RTS from the early
70s, maybe late 60s. I've taken a few pictures with it, of the
Grand Canyon, the Blue Angels, Las Vegas, Yellowstone Park,
some mountains in Colorado, Oregon and California, redwood
trees with my car inside one, et al. The lenses I have for this
camera are Carl Zeiss along with a Yashica attachment to auto
advance the film, because the camera bears a manual advance
lever (manual winder). It's a treasure.

http://www.photozone.de/2Equipment/contax.htm

--
Jim Carlock
Please post replies to newsgroup.

"Jim Carlock" wrote:
: Looking to get ready to buy a video camera. It's been years
: since I've looked into video cameras. I'm looking for any
: comments and/or suggestions.
:
: It'll be used for outdoor photography, catching birds and bees
: in flight, both close ups and distant.