Old 11-07-2005, 11:07 AM
Rak Rak is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerplunKuK
While feeding my pond fish today I notice about 30 miniscule fry, maybe
2.5mm long. I would love to rear these and then reintroduce them back into
my pond. Can anyone give me advice on how to look after them, whether to
remove them from the pond, etc.

Thanks, a happy fish Daddy!

--
XBL : D0C RAY

We'll be Gunning for you
I have loads of fry in my pond -I think 2 different lots as the size is so variable and also noticed the very young fry on 2 different occasions. I have 2 female fish and one male so I guess they are from both females. I didn't do anything with the fry as everyone advised they would never survive, anyway I wasn't trying to increase stock. Now I'm worried that too many are surviving. The biggest are well over 1 inch long now and some starting to turn a bluey colour like their subumkin mum. Have they got too big to be food for parents now? And what at what size are they likely to become an over stocking problem? I reckon I have at least 100 - a couple of months old now!