Old 11-07-2005, 09:49 AM
George

"Mickey" wrote in message
I have a 3000 gallon pond that I normally top off using my well water. The
house is on city water, the well pump quit after 17 years and it is
getting replaced. I need to top off the pond with about 200 gallons of
water. Anyone else here ever buy a applicator for fertilizer that goes on
the end of hose , mix the appropriate amount of water and dechlorinater in
the jug and top off there pond? I am doing it as I write this, I actually
put twice the required amount of dechlorinator in the jug and put enough
for 2500 gallons at the intake of the pump to spread it around. How do
other people deal with this when you use city water?

It doesn't hurt anything, but there is no need to use so much
dechlorinator. You are simply wasting it. In fact, with the size of your
pond, 200 gallons of chlorinated water, if added with a vigorous spray from
a nozzle, is about all you need do. When I top off the water, I always use
city water, and only use a squirt of decholorinator. Never lost a fish or
plant yet because of it.