Old 11-07-2005, 10:24 AM
Rodney Pont

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 23:59:02 +0100, Gill Passman wrote:

We are lucky living in the UK....we don't get these extremes.....good luck
for the rest of the season.....

It depends where you are in the UK. I haven't been affected here but
the week before last a storm over the North York Moors washed away a
number of bridges and a car was found six miles down stream. This is
normally just a stream but rose 15 feet after the storm.

Last week a tornado made a mess of a market garden near York. The
farmer went onto a horse box for shelter and it was picked up and
moved, only a few feet but he did regret getting into it for a few
seconds :-)

--
Regards - Rodney Pont