Old 11-07-2005, 11:23 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Janet Baraclough writes:

| Assuming you're in the UK, and it's deciduous, possibilities include
| harmless crab apples, cherry, sorbus, hawthorn species, none of them
| poisonous and birds will take most of the fruit as soon as they are
| ripe.

As far as I know, the only members of the woody Rosacaea in the UK
with poisonous fruit are various 'laurels', and all are evergreen.
Can anyone think of a counter-example, even including all native,
naturalised or garden species?

It isn't a good idea to overeat on the kernels or pips of several
species, and some contain really quite a lot of cyanide, but I am
thinking of the flesh.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.